Vidarbha Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Amravati.
Established in 1931 by Late. Vaidyaraj P. D. Muley
Late. Vaidyaraj P.D. Muley established Vidarbha Ayurved Prasarak Mandal to promote Indian system of Medicine which is a part of Swadeshi Mission of Mahatma Gandhi to promote Indian culture during British era. As a part of this mission mandal established Vidarbha Ayurved Mahavidyalaya to educate, evaluate and establish Indian systems of medicine i.e Ayurveda to the youths of India. It was the first Mahavidyalaya of Ayurved in Vidarbha region with well equipped College, Hospital & Pharmacy. In 1983, Vidarbha Ayurved Prasarak mandal handed it over to Shri Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal. It was under the able guidance of Padmashree Shri. Prabhakarrao Vaidya General Secretary, college developed and progress continued. New P.G courses was started in the Department of Shalya, Shalakya, Kayachikitsa & Swasthavritta. In 2008 Mahavidyalaya becomes the first Ayurvedic Institute having well equipped computer Laboratory & Internet facilities. So as to teach essentials of Computer Science to future doctors practising Indian system of Medicine. It will help to promote New Research techniques and Methodologies in Ayurvedic Science.
College has well equipped 14 departments with well qualified teaching staff and all research facilities.
Mission of our Institute
Our institution has a mission:
- To promote Ayurveda
- To conduct researches on various aspects of Ayurveda.
- To create knowledgeable and skillful graduates and post graduates in branches on Ayurveda.
Vision of our Hospital
The institute is offering its clinical services through Late Gopal Nanji Tank Hospital, Amravati:
- Hospital serves people in and around the city in very economical charges.
- Hospital provides BPL facilities to needy and poor people.
- Hospital is known for its service, quality and care by conducting various health checkup camps for children, women and old citizens of society.